Really, kuddos to my dad for capturing the true emotion of the moment. They only got worse from that point on. But that was a hot race; they all aren't that bad. There has to be some where I am smiling. I guess those are usually taken before the race starts, or about 30 minutes after I am done.
So today I was thinking why do I do this? It can't be for personal accomplishment. Definitely nothing to do with challenging myself. No, no. I do it for the post run/race meal. The past two week's long runs have been planned around where to eat after.
I have been training with my brother and his wife, Anna, recently. And with Robby heavy in to training too, we all agreed that a worthy guilt free lunch is the best part of running/training. Last week was 13 miles, and that called for Blues City Deli. I highly recommend the Chicken Shack Ranch. This week was even longer, and it called for the best BBQ in St. Louis, in my opinion, Pappy's Smokehouse. Pulled pork sandwich, sweet potato fries, BBQ baked beans...I mean really, they had me at sweet potato fries.
We decided today that every weekend we have a long training run will also be a new culinary experience. I don't know what I am more excited about. Up next week, Pi Pizzeria. I can hardly wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment