Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wow, it has been a while.

We all have our reasons on why we do what we do. I believe most teachers go into teaching with the intentions of changing lives. In the end, it is us the teachers who are changed. Some days for the better; some days or the worst.

Who was I before teaching? It is hard to think back to that previous life. And that is exactly what it is; a previous life. A lifetime ago. Before teaching I had all the time in the world. I woke up between 7:30 and 9 am everyday. I swam, cycled, and ran most days for extended periods of times. That was before I had 130 teenagers come in and out of my life every day. Think about it. 130 students every year of teaching. Crazy.

Let me tell you, it has not been easy. Sleep was lost. Tears were shed. Tempers were tested. Patience was pressed. At the end of each day I have to ask myself, is it all worth it? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment