Everyone always say that running os 90% mental. It has to be. How many people are like Yeah running is nothing. Let me go do 5 miles right now... So when does someone become a runner? Their first run? Their first race?
It is so easy to identify and label other roles. For example, I am a teacher. How do I know? I get paid to do it. I have papers to grade. I am a wife. This ring on my finger and abundance of laundry that is not mine tells me that. But a runner? I don't get paid; in fact, sometimes I pay to run. Who does that? I am going to pay money to run 10 miles and be put through pain. All for what, a t-shirt? I get blisters. Maybe the blisters make me a runner.
The mental part though. That is the tough part of running, not the blisters or pains. I just came off a terrible week of running. I mean every run was a struggle. Then Monday I had one of those runs where you don't even have to think about moving your legs. It is like they just know to go.
So I think I am finally coming to terms that yes, I am a runner. Sometimes it feels good. Sometimes bad. Sometimes I pay to do it. Sometimes I get a t-shirt...or a blister. But either way. It is a part of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment