Monday, March 1, 2010

Has it really been that long?

There is nothing better than when March finally arrives. The light suddenly becomes visible at the end of the tunnel. Birds are starting to chirp. All the snow is melted. It is light out longer. Spring is on its way. Flip flops will soon grace my feet once more. Warm weather is almost here and I can barely wait. I can feel myself coming out of hibernation re-entering the world. And it feels nice. However, lately, I notice my life has become a string of lists. Print this, mail that, copy papers. Relentless. In honor of all my list making I will post interesting, or not so interesting things, that have happened or that I have discovered over the past few weeks.

1. I am way more hardcore than my husband and our friend Terry. We went running this past Saturday morning on the Katy Trail. It was a brisk 30 degrees, right around there anyway. Sun shining. Lately whenever going for a run, Robby consults me on what to wear asking my if his five layers are too much. Most the time I say yes. Too much. Does he listen? No. Inevitably, he finish the run sweating his pants off. So Saturday, I wear capris running tights, short sleeve shirt under my long sleeve thermal shirt with ear warmers. Robby is in long pants, shorts, compression shorts, short sleeves, long sleeve jacket and a winter running hat. Our friend Terry has on a sweat outfit, gloves, and a winter hat. When we started running he announced he has a running suit on under his sweats! Needless to say, everyone we passed was probably thinking, "Man, what is that hardcore girl doing with those two pansy guys??"
 HardcoreNot hardcore



2. My dogs are probably the cutest in the world.



3. Runners are the nicest people ever. Example: When running this past Sat. (my hardcore self) I passed a lady (I had ditched the boys at this point...) and she said, "Nice pace you have going." And every person I saw waved and said hi. Great reason to start running: nice people.

4. Girl Scout cookies must have some secret ingredient. It is like they are taunting me from my desk drawer. Must. Have. Self. Control.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe when you said that you "ditched the boys at this point" you meant that you stayed behind and ran 6 miles at 9:00 pace while the BOYS ran 7 Miles at 7:50 pace. I am pretty sure that is what you meant by that comment. We the boys have to wear more layers because we get cold from the wind gusts because we are running so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Beth... You are totally Hard Core. There was never any doubt in my mind!

    AND

    Your dogs are definitely close to the cutest in the world!

    ReplyDelete