So after being inspired by good friends, I have decided my resolution this summer will be to bike as much as possible to places I need to go, like Bread Co and the pool. There are several perks to this idea and a few cons I have discovered already this summer.
Perks:
- Riding to and from Bread Co really leaves me feeling guiltless about eating that cookie.
- Let's face it, it makes me look even more hardcore. Refer to previous post.
- Saves on gas.
- Gives me a good reason to buy a new backpack.
- Makes me feel environmentally friendly.
- It is good exercise.
- It is fun.
Cons:
- Reminds me how sweaty I really can get. I have learned that taking a small towel and maybe even an extra shirt is a good thing.
- Up hills are more difficult on a mountain bike. Good thing it has that really small chain ring in front. Whew.
- Probably just another check in the dorky box...oh well.
- Helmet hair.
All in all, it has been good so far. Another resolution is to write more again. I was on a roll for a while, and then you know stuff like working and school got in the way. It happens. Just because it was a very exciting thing for me, I will leave you with my picture of me and Chrissie Wellington. In case you don't know, she has won the Kona Ironman World Championship race for the past three years. She usually beats most of the guys too. We were watching the Kansas Half Ironman race, and she was there. After her race, she stayed and talked to spectators, signed autographs, and handed out medals to other finishers later that day! Very awesome person. When an amazing athlete like that is nice too, it just makes them that much amazing. It was inspiring to see her in action, and then to get my picture with her was icing on the cake!

No comments:
Post a Comment