The moment when I realized how much I hate winter and cold weather had to be this. There was some scene on TV where there was a close up on a thermometer in a desert like area that read 95 degrees. I found myself insanely jealous of that TV scene. I long for the day that walking to the mailbox has me sweating bullets, when I actually have to eat my ice cream fast otherwise it will melt, and when the days are long and full of possibilities. I told myself, when the hint of cold air came creeping into the atmosphere, I was going to embrace winter this year. Well, this was the wrong year to make that promise. The coldest temperatures in 10 years, and winds that fall just short of being classified blizzard like? Please. There is no more embracing, just dealing with.
I have to admit heading to the gym today around noon, and it not being crowded was a bonus. And really there was the nicest lady in the locker room who told me about every single gift she made for her family for Christmas. I have to admit they sounded pretty cool, and made me wish she was my grandma. I also don't mind that my biggest decisions of the past couple of days have been which sweat pants to wear and if I should take a shower or not. However, I would much rather my big decisions of the day be which flip-flops I should wear, and what time I am going to go to the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment